Top 3 Benefits of working out at home
Let’s be honest, some people love it and some hate it. Some think they can’t because they don’t have enough room at home. Others like me find it convenient; seriously though whether you like it or hate it, you can’t deny that working out from home is the easiest and more convenient way to workout, right? I mean it’s exercising in YOUR home.
In fact, there are 3 key benefits to at-home workouts:
- You don’t have to travel to the gym and waste time on commute and parking
- You don’t have to worry about what you look like or your outfit
- You can fit in a quick workout whenever you feel like it
- I know I said 3 but couldn’t help myself … you can also shower in your own home after, all your stuff is already there and you can get on with your day without skipping a single beat.
Now that you’re on board with the at-home workout here is what you need to do to set up your workout space:
First, I like to note that you don’t NEED any equipment to have an effective workout from home. But if you want to get some equipment here are 2 things you can get
There are two ways to do this, create a temporary space or a permanent one.
If you don’t have a lot of space to live with others you may want to create a temporary space. That might mean just moving your coffee table over so you have enough space to exercise in your living room. Get creative because all you need is enough room to move your body, that means enough room for your yoga mat.
Now if you want to create a permanent space, make enough room somewhere to fit that yoga mat and then decorate it with inspiring messages and pictures to keep you motivated and empowered.
Finally, now that the easy part is taken care of, it’s time to commit and make time for yourself to follow through. This can be challenging considering all the distractions in your home: kids, pets, emails, work, dishes, laundry, etc.
Some easy ways to help you commit include:
- Schedule your workouts in your calendar and treat them like appointments
- Set reminders on your phone to help you remember
- Get someone else interested to do this with you and that way you can always check in with each other and remind yourselves or just keep one another motivated
- Write down your goals so you can see them every day and remember WHY you want to commit and stay healthy
Now if you are ready but don’t know what to do with the actual workouts check out our At-Home-Workout and exercising supplies.
Other suggested posts: